The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.34 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 9 Vote(s) - 2.56 Average

IC The Starke Ledger

An Early Thanksgiving Miracle
11/9/2018

An extraordinary event happened at Starke Regional Medical Center earlier today. Ada Hendricks, 14, suddenly sat up and asked for Coca-Cola after being declared legally braindead for more than eighty hours, following a tragic car accident while walking home from Bradford High School.

"I am not at liberty to break doctor-patient privilege, but in all my years as a physician, I have never seen anything like this," Dr. Mallory Conrad of the SRMC Intensive Care Unit said. "We were trying to convince her parents that it would be in their daughter's best interests to end life support. When we came back to her room, she was trying to speak through her respirator mask."

The National Institute of Health has already expressed interest in Hendricks' case.

"Our daughter is alive!" Ada's mother, Mrs. Melissa Hendricks said. "Praise the Lord. That's... that's all I can say. Today God gave me my daughter back."

Both her family and the medical staff at SRMC requested that the media respect Miss Hendricks' privacy, while more tests are being run to ensure her long term recovery. A lawyer representing the family said Miss Hendricks will speak to the media if and when she is feeling well enough to answer questions.

Ada Hendricks, 14 years old, was struck by a car driven by a man believed to be under the influence of narcotics Monday night. Liam Flannery is being held on $50,000 bond for driving under the influence, leaving the scene of an accident resulting in bodily harm, endangering the welfare of a minor, and possession of illegal narcotics.

Messages In This Thread
The Starke Ledger - by Storyteller J - 11-09-2018, 01:27 PM
RE: The Starke Ledger - by Storyteller J - 11-16-2018, 11:02 AM